General Accessibility Information for PlayOn@CSC
PlayOn@CSC is CSC’s 2020-2021 season of virtual programming. This season includes:
- The Actor’s Craft: Events in this series are held on Zoom and speech-to-text captioning will be available.
- Shakespeare Reimagined: Events in this series are held on Zoom and speech-to-text captioning will be available.
- Tempest Talks: Events in this series are held on Zoom and speech-to-text captioning will be available.
As with all of our programming, we encourage you to let us know about any disability-related accommodations that you need in order to participate. Please reach out to us at audienceservices@commshakes.
General Accessibility Information for Free Shakespeare on the Boston Common
Commonwealth Shakespeare Company is committed providing equal access to Free Shakespeare on the Common through its access and inclusion program. Our staff is equipped to assist patrons of all abilities. A limited number of tall chairs, accessible seating areas, assisted-listening devices, and Braille and large print programs are available at each performance by visiting the Information Tent.
Anyone needing special accommodations is encouraged to contact CSC in advance at 617-426-0863.
Our 2021 production of The Tempest will feature on-site accessible services to patrons with mobility issues, those who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind and visually impaired.
- American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreted Performances
- Audio Described Performances
- Sound Enhancement Devices
- Braille and Large-Type Programs
Accessible Seating for wheelchairs or for those with mobility impairments and their companions are reserved in several free seating locations around the Common. Click here for a map.
Accessible seating is also available in CSC’s Friend Section for a minimum donation of $75.
Braille and large-print programs are available at each performance. Visit the Information Tent to obtain a copy.
Assisted Listening Devices are available at each performance. Visit the Information Tent to obtain equipment.
ASL (American Sign Language)
Accessible parking is available at the Boston Common Garage.
The Park Street MBTA Station (Red Line/Green Line) has an elevator up to street level.
There is an accessible restroom to the back-left of the stage.
Click below to view a video about transportation options