Friends Section Chairs
Advance 2022 Friends Section Reservations for Much Ado About Nothing have closed for tonight’s performance.
Please visit our Front of House Associates on the Common if you wish to made a donation for Friends Section seats at tonight’s performance.
ABOUT THE FRIENDS SECTION
Every summer since 1996 Commonwealth Shakespeare Company has provided Free Shakespeare on the Common, welcoming over 1 million people to our productions over the past 26 years. Producing this beloved Boston summer tradition is made possible entirely through donations from our devoted supporters. While our performances are free and open to the public, we reserve a small section of beach chairs in a premium location as a thank you to our Friends Fund supporters, whose generosity allows us to keep our production free and accessible to all. Thank you in advance for your contribution!
- Friends Seats can be reserved with a donation of $100 per seat.
- Exchanges to the performance you are attending are subject to availability and should be requested no later than 48 hours in advance of the performance you would like to attend/exchange out of (whichever comes first).
- All donations are non-refundable.
- Please select your desired performance date at the time you make your donation to the Friends Fund.
- Friends Section chairs are preassigned. You will be seated at the performance by a member of our team.
CSC’s Prospero Society is composed of CSC’s most dedicated and enthusiastic supporters, who support the organization with a gift of $1,000 or more. In addition to exclusive events with CSC artists, CSC’s Prospero Society members receive complimentary Friends Section seats on a sliding scale, based on contribution level:
- Donors of $1,000 – $2,499: 2 complimentary Friends seats
- Donors of $2,500 – $4,999: 4 complimentary Friends seats
- Donors of $5,000 – $9,999: 6 complimentary Friends seats
- Donors of $10,000+: 10 complimentary Friends seats
For more information and to join visit our Prospero Society page.
- Our goal is to provide a welcoming experience to all who attend our event. When booking your Friends Section chairs, please indicate any special accommodations you may need in order to participate so we may provide the best experience for you! These may include:
- Tall Chairs: Our Friends Section consists of low beach chairs pre-set in front of the stage. We have a limited number of tall chairs (the height of a typical camping chair) for patrons who may not be comfortable in our low beach chairs. To request tall chairs, please make a note under “special accommodations.”
- Seating location: Please note that Friends Section chairs are pre-assigned and you will be seated at the performance by a member of our team. If you require a specific seat location based on an accessibility need (low vision, access to an aisle for a mobility aid, etc.), please make a note under “special accommodations.”
We make every effort to perform, even in the case of inclement weather. However, we will occasionally cancel performances due to weather if the safety of our audiences, staff, and artists is of concern. In the event of a cancelled performance, we will honor your reservation at another performance. If you have any weather-related questions, you can email us at email@example.com.
- For questions regarding your reservation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Photo: Allegra Libonati, director of Romeo & Juliet in the Friends Section, 2017.