Friends Section Chairs
2023 Friends Section Reservations for Macbeth are availible now!
ABOUT THE FRIENDS SECTION
Every summer since 1996 Commonwealth Shakespeare Company has provided Free Shakespeare on the Common, welcoming over 1 million people to our productions over the past 27 years. Producing this beloved Boston summer tradition is only made possible through donations from our devoted supporters. While our performances are free and open to the public, we reserve a small section of beach chairs in a premium location as a thank you to our Friends Fund supporters, whose generosity allows us to keep our production free and accessible to all. Thank you in advance for your contribution!
- Friends Seats can be reserved with a donation of $100 per seat.
- Exchanges to the performance you are attending are subject to availability and should be requested no later than 48 hours in advance of the performance you would like to attend/exchange out of (whichever comes first).
- All donations are non-refundable.
- Please select your desired performance date at the time you make your donation to the Friends Fund.
- Friends Section chairs are preassigned, and location is selected by you at time of donation.
CSC’s Prospero Society is composed of CSC’s most dedicated and enthusiastic supporters, who support the organization with a gift of $1,000 or more. In addition to exclusive events with CSC artists, CSC’s Prospero Society members receive complimentary Friends Section seats on a sliding scale, based on contribution level:
- Donors of $1,000 – $2,499: 2 complimentary Friends seats
- Donors of $2,500 – $4,999: 4 complimentary Friends seats
- Donors of $5,000 – $9,999: 6 complimentary Friends seats
- Donors of $10,000+: 10 complimentary Friends seats
For more information and to join visit our Prospero Society page.
- Our goal is to provide a welcoming experience to all who attend our event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Tall Chairs: Our Friends Section consists of low beach chairs pre-set in front of the stage. We have a limited number of tall chairs (the height of a typical camping chair) for patrons who may not be comfortable in our low beach chairs. To request tall chairs, please look for the section to the bottom right of the seating chart.
We make every effort to perform, even in the case of inclement weather. However, we will occasionally cancel performances due to weather if the safety of our audiences, staff, and artists is of concern. In the event of a cancelled performance, we will honor your reservation at another performance. If you have any weather-related questions, you can email us at email@example.com.
- For questions regarding your reservation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Featured Photo: Allegra Libonati, director of Romeo & Juliet in the Friends Section, 2017.