New York Auditions are now full. We are looking into scheduling additional dates and will post those when we do. Thank you for your interest.
CSC2 is a young company of actors that works with Commonwealth Shakespeare Company on an extended basis. The ensemble is built of twelve, non-equity, early-career actors with some professional experience. CSC2 actors will work both as a cohort, learning from a diverse cast of their peers, and also alongside CSC’s professional company in a variety of productions. CSC Academy faculty will also occasionally work with CSC2 to help brush up on fundamentals and extend the learning from the rehearsal room. Actors are paid a weekly stipend. CSC2 candidates MUST have completed undergraduate level acting training or have comparable experience, actors currently in school are not eligible. Equity actors are not eligible for CSC2. Rehearsals for all CSC2 work takes place at Babson College in Wellesley, MA.
Performance Opportunities for CSC2:
- “Midsummer Night’s Dream” at Babson College in Wellesley – Rehearsals begin early-March with performances from May 5th through May 10th, possibly extending into Boston for May 16th through May 20th. This production will be performed by CSC2 and consist of five student matinees and two community performances. There will be 3 to 4 rehearsals per week and a rehearsal schedule will be made available in the winter.
- “Love’s Labours Lost” on the Boston Common – Rehearsals begin mid-June with performances from July 20th through August 7th. CSC2 will be cast in the following roles: Dumaine, Longaville, Katherine, Maria, Dull, Jaquenetta, Forester, Marcade and several ensemble roles. Rehearsals will be scheduled Tuesday through Sunday. A daily call will be sent to all actors the night before.
- Each member of CSC2 will also understudy the professional company of “Love’s Labours Lost.”
- Members of CSC2 may also be offered roles in other CSC programming including “Shakespeare and Leadership,” the CSC annual gala and “Theater in the Rough,” our staged reading series, February through May. For more information on these performances visit http://commshakes.org/performances.
- CSC2 actors will be engaged with the Company from March, 1st to August, 7th 2016 and are eligible for seven EMC points for work during “Love’s Labours Lost.”
- No housing is available through CSC.
- As part of a summer mentor-ship program, CSC2 actors will work with CSC Apprentices, members of our undergraduate level acting program, and provide monologue coaching several times over the course of the summer. They will receive guidance and feedback on their coaching from Apprentices and CSC staff.
We will hold CSC2 Open Auditions this fall the following days/locales:
- Wednesday, December 2 at Boston Playwright's Theatre, 949 Commonwealth Ave, Boston MA
- ALL SLOTS FULL: Monday, December 7 at Ripley-Grier Studios, 520 8th Ave, FL16: Rooms 16H & 16I, New York, NY
- Monday, December 14 at The Carling-Sorenson Theater at Babson College, 231 Forest Street, Wellesley, MA
For the audition, please prepare two contrasting monologues, one contemporary and one Shakespeare, not to exceed five minutes in total. Please be sure to note any musical interest and talents on your resume in detail.
Callbacks will be held in the evening December 16th and 17th at Babson College in Wellesley, MA. Special arrangements may be made for performers we wish to see who cannot make one of these dates.
Sign Up Information:
Please fill out the form below and select your top three time slot choices after which you be contacted to confirm your final time slot assignment.