Bringing Shakespeare to the People
During Shakespeare’s time, theatre was a part of everyone’s life. Today, theatre, and the arts in general, can feel unattainable due to soaring ticket prices. Our signature program, Free Shakespeare on the Common, is presented free of charge for the entire community – upwards of 50,000 people attend each summer. By eliminating the financial barriers to entry, we have shared the joy of live theatre with more than 1 million people over the past 24 years.
By giving to CSC, you help us keep Free Shakespeare on the Common free and accessible to all. Help us give the gift of Shakespeare and live theatre to the great city of Boston!
Individual Giving Levels and Benefits
- Two (2) Friends Section chairs for Free Shakespeare on the Common (SOTC)*
- 20% discount on CSC merchandise
- Additional Friends Section chairs at the discounted rate of $50 per chair
- All Friend level benefits
- Listing in the SOTC playbill
- All Advocate level benefits
- Invitation to a pre- or post-performance reception during the run of SOTC with the artistic team
- All Contributor level benefits
- Two (2) tickets to Opening Night of SOTC. Includes pre-performance reception, two (2) Friends Section chairs, and post-performance cast party.
- Four (4) Friends Section chairs*
- One (1) Boston Common Garage parking voucher for a performance of SOTC*
- SOTC t-shirt
- All Patron level benefits
- Listing on the SOTC webpage on the CSC website
- Six (6) Friends Section chairs*
- Two (2) Boston Common Garage parking vouchers for a performance of SOTC*
- Signed SOTC poster
- Invitation to the Company Picnic during tech week rehearsals of SOTC
- Invitation to the SOTC First Rehearsal for a meet & greet with the acting company and artistic team
- Invitation to attend a SOTC rehearsal
- All Supporter level benefits
- Eight (8) Friends Section chairs*
- Additional Friends Section chairs at the discounted rate of $40 per chair
- Backstage tour of SOTC and opportunity to take a photo with the acting company
- Invitation to Closing Night Toast with the SOTC company and staff
Artist Sponsor $10,000
- All Partner level benefits
- Four (4) tickets to Opening Night of SOTC. Includes pre-performance reception, four (4) Friends Section chairs, and post-performance cast party.
- Ten (10) Friends Section chairs*
- Invitation to a private lunch or dinner with CSC Founding Artistic Director Steve Maler and a guest artist
- Opportunity for a quarter page ad in the SOTC program to congratulate the cast or donate to a business/non-profit of your choice
Production Sponsor $25,000
- All Artist Sponsor level benefits
- Twenty (20) Friends Section chairs*
- Four (4) Boston Common Garage parking vouchers for Shakespeare on the Common*
- Opportunity for a half page ad in the SOTC program to congratulate the cast or donate to a business/non-profit of your choice
- Opportunity to appear in a walk-on role in SOTC**
- Opportunity to welcome the crowd or be recognized from the stage at a performance of SOTC**
Represents total number of items; cannot be combined with previous level’s chair or parking benefit. Additional Friends Section chair rservations exclude Opening Night.
**Blackout dates may apply.
Featured Photo: Faran Tahir (Richard III) and Remo Airaldi (Clarence) in Richard III, Shakespeare on the Common 2018-Photo by Evgenia Eliseeva